Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things.

I found out it is hard juggling a baby, study, animals and a veggie garden. Really hard. So over the summer my veggie garden got neglected badly. Everything bar a few things died from lack of water. I managed to just keep my rhubarb, lemongrass, mint and parsley alive with very irregular waterings.

The last few days I have had Ember looked after by my mum and my grandparents. So I have gotten stuck into getting my veggie garden back to something somewhat useful.

I know I won't have the time to just leisurely go and water it each day, so I dragged my drip lines from my back beds [which have been taken over by chickens] and redid them to fit the front bed. It's really handy though if I correctly count how many connector clips I need! I ended up being one short, but thank goodness for bags of assorted junk which produced one correct sized clip! With the drip line down it means I can just turn it on and leave it for a few hours. Or knowing me, all day!


Like usual when I get into my veggie patch...I expand my territory! I cleared along the fence line and also added about 2-3sqm to the end of the bed, clearing out plants that had died.

All I need to do now, is find my seed box which I have stashed somewhere safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment