Just shy of two months since I started, I have completed my first quilt! It's a scrap quilt, and each block is unique. There are 816 individual blocks within 48 big blocks plus 53 strips of sashing. It measures 182 x 172cm [72 x 68in] and will be used on the couch.
I learnt a lot from this first quilt. It's no where near perfect...there are puckers all through it from uneven blocking and not very good basting skills. I found the actual quilting fun but rather fiddly, particularly since my sewing area is not really big enough to quilt a large quilt! None of my quilting lines are straight...as none of my sashing borders ended up straight!
The binding would have probably been the part I enjoyed the most, which really surprised me. I made the binding using a bias binding maker [they are such a life and time saver!]. Normally I find any form of hand sewing extremely tedious, but I was able to do the hand binding even with a sleeping child on me whilst watching TV.
But no matter...nothing is ever perfect. We love it, and so does Ember!