Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hatch Day is Here




Well three little balls of fluff jumped the gun and hatched yesterday, and I woke at 5:30am by Peggie whining at the foot of my bed, to find another freshly hatched in the incubator. I went back to sleep only to be woken up in the same manner at 9am, with a second out it's egg. It was absolutely fascinating watching them push their way out of their shells and bumbling around in the incubator drying out.

As of 9pm I have 11 baby chickens! Nine are already fluffy and in the brooder box, and two are still in the incubator, as they are not yet dry and fluffy enough to be moved.

I have 5 eggs left in the incubator, 3 have started to hatch, but two aren’t showing any signs yet but that doesn’t surprise me as the day 17 candling showed two that might have been dead in the shell. I have a feeling the rest will be out by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment